- 2 eggplants, sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 180 grams tahini
- 4 whole pitas, halved
- 475 ml baby arugula
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- Marinate eggplant slices in Tahini
- Marinade for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill the eggplant slices for 5 minutes on each side, or until tender.
- Remove from grill and place on a plate.
- Assemble sandwiches by stuffing each pita half with ¼ cup arugula 2 slices of eggplant, a few slices of red onion and ½ Tbsp walnuts.
- Drizzle each pita half with additional dressing.
Note : eggplant can also be grilled ahead of time and chilled for quick sandwich assembly when ready to eat.