- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons finely ground pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pint strawberries, washed and chopped
- 2 Cups chopped fresh pineapple
- pint raspberries, washed and dried
- 1 Cup finely chopped good quality chocolate, or chocolate chips
- 230 grams mascarpone cheese (you can substitute softened cream cheese here if you wish)
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Place mini pitas and melted butter into a large ziplock bag. Shake around until all pitas are coated. Immediately place buttered pitas into a second large ziplock with sugar, pecans and cinnamon. Shake well until all pitas are coated. Place coated pitas onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until pitas are crisp.
- Place chocolate over a double broiler, stirring until melted. Drizzle over crisped pitas and transfer to cooling rack. You can let chocolate harden or serve with it melted. Place mascarpone cheese and honey into a mixing bowl; mix to combine. With a small cookie scoop, scoop a dollop of honeyed mascarpone onto the centers of each pita. Place all fruit into a large mixing bowl. Spoon fruit over mascarpone and pita. Serve immediately.