- 3 cups roughly shredded, cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 ½ teaspoons Italian seasoning (make sure yours is a salt-free blend)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup your favorite marinara sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 large Mediterranean wraps
- 1 cup shredded, reduced-fat Italian cheese blend
- Additional marinara sauce, warmed for dipping, if desired
- Place shredded chicken in a medium bowl. Add Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper, and stir well to combine.
- Add marinara sauce and basil to chicken mixture, and stir to combine again.
- Optional: If you want your filling piping hot, you can microwave the chicken mixture at this point for about 60-90 seconds. (Even if you choose to skip this, your filling should still be pleasantly heated after the wraps are seared in the skillet in step 7. If you are prepping these as make-aheads, skip this optional step.)
- Lay 1 wrap on work surface, and sprinkle ¼ cup of cheese down the center, leaving a large border all around the cheese. Spread ¼ of the chicken mixture (about a heaping ½ cup) on top of the cheese.
- Fold ends of wrap inward toward middle, and then fold sides of wrap inward toward middle, making a closed wrap.
- Repeat with the remaining 3 wraps, dividing the remaining cheese and the remaining chicken mixture evenly among them.
- Preheat a dry nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once preheated, add the wraps and cook on the first side until golden brown, about 1 ½ - 2 minutes. Flip wraps and cook on second side until golden, about another 1½ minutes.
- Serve with additional marinara sauce for dipping